Monday, October 15, 2007

Running with the Runs

I had diarrhea this morning. Spent the day stoned. Didn't have any lunch. Munched on cashew nuts mostly and coffee before deciding to go on a run.

Did the 35 min workout and was supposed to be a recovery run, but I ended up checking my pace and trying to go faster. There may be something wrong with the Nike+ thing. I never really felt that I slowed down but the pace seems to fluctuate between 10 min/mile to 13 min/mile! When I did slow down, i was about 12ish. And this has been happening quite often. So, maybe its time to recalibrate.

Another thing, although I started out quite fast, and naturally my heart rate went up, it seems strange that my average heart rate is at 85% of my max (220 formula), when I was going really slow! and I definately would have passed the talk test. Perhaps its because my RHR has drastically dropped. I don't know...

Todays run stats:
Calories burnt: 603 on HRM and 545 on Nike +
Average HR : 144

On another note, I have decided to buy an entry level tri bike, most likely the cervelo P2SL. OK, tomorow we are going for 70 mins I think.

1 comment:

booyaa said...

Woah.. you're incredibly brave to go running with a dodgy tum.

I'd be worried that something might give way during the run.

Anyhoo, welcome to RBF!