Monday, October 15, 2007

How did I get here.

So, what is this all about? I have always told myself that one day I would do a triathlon. I have also told myself alot of things, one day. Every other day is a new "one day" and not all of them have seen the light of day. But one night, I realised that tommorow would be that one day that I chose to do a triathlon.

But being the geek that I am, I cannot just jump into things. It has to be preceeded with meticulous research. What I realised was this, given my life history and present condition, there was no way I could do it without some conditioning. Enter running...

Ultimately, my motivation is to lose weight. I have tried everything except running, because I hated it. I still do. But after all the effort and little results, fact is my weight has plateaued since 2001, I have decided to face up to that necessary evil called running.

I started running seriously with some of my students sometime in March following the Couch to 5K programmes. This was followed by a 10k programme, a Charity Run and the Singapore Bay Run and Army Half-Marathon where I did the 12K fun run. Now I am in the midst of preparing for the Std. Chart Marathon at the end of the year. I have tried numerous gadgets and stuff to motivate me. I stuck to a time based programme and the Nike+ system and the occasional HRM. I have also tried to keep to written journals, but couldn't give a damn about updating it. Now I'm trying blogs cause I've read so many runners blogs and was inspired to try, also as a motivation thing. They say if you tell the world what you are trying to do, you'll more than likely stick to it. So, we'll see...

Oh, and about the title, I got it from a book I read.

No comments: